Saturday, December 23, 2006

I fit right in with these girls! Macua tradition is for ladies to paint their faces white with the paste from a bamboo root. It is considered the ultimate in beauty treatments -- watch out Clinque. This is Sonia, Lizote, and Sena and me :)

Emma's new look...


Emma with Sonia. She already missed her Mozambiquan aunties. The girls really enjoyed Emma and she loved spending time with them.

Lizote's humburger.
She said, "Thank you for making this dream of eating a real hamburger come true." You don't get appreciation like that every day! Later she asked me if I went to cooking school to know how to make it. Talk about making my day!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your Africa pictures and experiences that you have shared only make me want to see all of the pictures and hear all of the stories. Alas, I had dreams of hearing them and seeing them when we had Christmas at the Brown's. Reality was "time" and your energy levels.

Jessi Reber said...

I love that you got to fulfill a "hamburger dream", that's a fun story :)