Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Life with baby!


Life with Mandy Rose is here in full force as my milk has come in, we are trying to all get some sleep, my parents went home, Jeff went back to work, Emma tests to see if mommy is still in control, and mommy struggles to control anything. Nothing about this is easy, but I really am enjoying Mandy being with us.
I wish I didn't hurt so bad because a brisk walk on this beautiful day would be just the thing to clear my head and remind me again of all the blessings now crammed in to my life. Instead, I will continue to sit very, very still while typing, look out the window at the beautiful day, and read all the wonderful comments on the blog! Thanks for the encouragement and call or stop by (in real life)!
Many people ask me how Emma is handling the transition. She is a smart little girl and knows how to work her grandparents well. Her time with them was full of play and lots of getting her way, so the real world has hit her rather hard. I haven't lost my temper yet and you can pray for me that I can show her love through discipline, know when to give grace, and let the little things go. Emma loves her sister, but misses her mommy, so this will continue to be a huge adjustment. I would appreciate any great advice from all those mommies out there with more than one child.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tawny said...

Such beautiful photos! I am quite jealous of your mommyhood. Know that I am going to make a trip up to see you soon!

Andee said...

Just remember to hug on your big girl every chance you get. You'll all get used to the new girl soon. We love you!

Lindsay said...

I have been thinking of you and I will continue to pray for you all as you adjust to a forth person in your home. :)

As I read your post I was flooded with memorites of Wyatt's trasition after Anna was born. He was just a tad younger than Emma, but it was difficult. But I know you'll get through it and things will even out soon. Keep up the good work!

Maybe you can just sit outside for a few minutes on these wonderful sunny (almost) fall afternoons. Enjoy your precious little girls!! :)

Anonymous said...

The pic. are the greatest. As for advice on helping everyone in the family find their new place, keep on looking Emma in the eye and many hugs will help her define her new role of big sister. Jeff and you will bothe have to determine your new roles also. You have o ur prayers.