Friday, November 09, 2007

Emmaleigh Danielle

It’s Emma’s birthday today. Where did 3 years go? The journey to this point in her life has gone by so fast. We made it through the tiny baby stage where I woke up in the night because she wasn’t awake. We made it through that testy stage where she could pull herself up in her crib, but couldn’t figure out how to lay down. We made it through her first tantrum because she didn’t get her way. She walks, talks, and uses the potty. She still has tantrum when she doesn’t get her way, but she is more aware of her behavior now and they are less frequent.

I’ve said before that Emma was and is my biggest challenge. No amount of book reading could have prepared me for this blessed journey of parenting. I was freaked out about childbirth and it came and went. 9 hours of back labor with 3 hours of heavy pushing labor were worth it when I held her precious life in my arms for the first time. As I held her blurry eyed gaze, I couldn’t have imagined the road ahead. We’ve cried, cried some more, and giggled over her first laugh. The giggles keep coming. Emma is creative, determined, mischievous, and expressive, an animal lover, a daddy’s girl, playful, and loving.

On her birth announcement, we chose James 1:17, “Every good and perfect gift comes from above.” I didn’t know what would come with receiving the gift of Emma. We’ve had fun on the journey so far and when more challenges come, I’ll remember this verse. Because every day is a gift. Emma will continue to grow, change, develop, and learn. I look forward to being with her through this next year – year number three.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dan & Hillary said...

PS- Russell likes her PJ's!