Monday, June 02, 2008

Sunday with family:

Yesterday we celebrated Jeff's Grandma's 82nd birthday. Jeff's cousin Sara (see her blog) came with her daughter, Abby, and David and his family came as well. Both had long drives and we rarely get to see them. You can see more pictures on Kelly's blog too.

Here is another picture of the 3 cousins born so close together last Fall:

Priscilla, Abby, and Mandy enjoyed each other like babies enjoy each other, by pulling ears and hair and poking eyes and noses. 

Here are the moms: Jayne with Priscilla (7 1/2 months), me with Mandy (8 1/2 months), and Sara and Abby (7 months).

We were at Jeff's aunt and uncle's home in Dallas and they have a fun yard to play in. Emma loved playing with all the kids (12 great-grandkids all together + 3 more not there).

David brought the family dog, Bruce. That dog was huge and played really nicely with the kids. I asked Emma if she thought the dog was really big and she said, "No, that dog just my size."

It is a family tradition that everyone who wants home-made ice cream must crank the machine first. Jeff was working hard holding the machine down as cousin, Kim, powered through the process of making delicious ice cream.



And then there is Emma. I snapped this picture as she was waiting for ice cream. She was SO tired out after our evening with family. She cried all the way home that she wanted to go back and play. "I'm not tired, I want to play with my coosins."
Does she really not realize that the crying and whining gives away the tiredness? She was not convincing anyone, but yes, it is always hard to say good-bye to fun times.

2 comments:

Peters Family Farms said...

I wonder who Josiah will play with... will he hang with his 3 girl cousins that are in his same grade or will he run with the slightly older Jacob, Noah crowd... hmm... it will be fun to see!

p.s. I love the tones of the pics of the girls!

Sara said...

It was nice to see you and your family again. Maybe next time we should get some pictures of the girls sitting up on the floor - I thought the chair made them look younger because they were kinda slouched on it. Also, if we ever have our pictures taken with our girls again I think we should have our picture-takers take turns because I don't think any of us got a picture with everybody looking the same direction!

Oh, and by the way, thanks a lot for looking so much more lady-like when you were cranking ice cream than I did in the pictures on Kelly's blog! :P