Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!

We celebrated Dad's birthday today with verenika to eat and family to enjoy. 

It is rare to get the whole family in a picture, but we tried today. The last family photo was missing Mandy, Priscilla, and Josiah over a year ago. That picture was dubbed "the worst picture Alysun has ever taken" and rightly so because the people were so dark I had to photoshop it almost to death to even see it. This one is much, much better. 

We are such a big family -- so blessed!

4 comments:

Peters Family Farms said...

OK yeah, I'm the big dork that totally forgot to take my sunglasses off! The copy of this pic that you sent me is all blurry... remember the pic of our family 8 gradchildren ago a the county fair under that arch thingy? Oh, my what can happen in 4 years!

Dan & Hillary said...

I love your dress! Tasteful and chic. (I suppose you could photo-shop Emma's head so that she is looking at the camera;-) Remember the family photo the Ewerts took in hopes to photo-shop YOU in?

Lindsay said...

Great picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi - my name is Amy. I'm a friend of Barbara Feil's ... and via her, I occassionally stalk Carrie Peeples blog ... only know Carrie casually ... so procrastinating via reading stranger's blogs, as I do on occassion ... stumbled on yours. Stopped on this one because I know what verenika are ... My parents both grew up in the Mennonite church, and seeing that brought back fond memories ... I think I even have distant relatives in the Dallas area. And yes, your girls are beautiful! Amy "Klassen" Elder