Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday's busyness

Saturday was a fun/full busy day that reminded me I like the slower pace of my normal farm life. I walked in the old Crazy Days Parade to publicize MOPS. Walking in the parade is one of my least favorite things to do with half of Dallas waving and staring at me. I guess they aren't all waving and staring just at me, there are others walking in our MOPS group, but it feels like it is all directed at me. I am an introvert and would rather be home reading a book about people who walk in parades. Actually, that sounds really boring. I will be home reading a book about something else instead.

The worst part about parades is all the friendly people waving. I know quite a lot of people in town since I grew up there. People call my name and I scan the crowd with a puzzled look trying to find the friendly face. The look on my face says, "I hear my name, but don't know who said it? Who is calling my name? I can't see you." I told myself that this year would be different. This year I would just smile and wave and hand out my flyers. If people called, I would just wave and not look at the crowd searchingly. I would not embarrass myself.


"I hear my name, but don't know who said it? Who is calling my name? I can't see you." Over and over again this look came over my face. While my brain said, "Smile and wave. Smile and wave." It did not help. I don't like walking in parades.

After the parade, I went to an open house for a friend who recently moved. It is quite a ways out of town and the driveway goes up and up. I chugged up the hill watching my gas gage plummet to E and then I arrived at this view:



The view is phenomenal. Truly worth the trip and I can defiantly tell why they bought the house. Even if it has a pink sunken tub, it has this view.

I drove in to Salem for a photo session that has been a long time in the making. There were 6 families, 10 kids (ages 1 to 5), and a huge Latino family reunion going on at the scheduled location of the photo shoot. A few cell phone calls (6 actually) and everyone changed locations and I was able to capture the 10 kiddos looking darling.


Thank you so much to Kelly (who watched Mandy during the parade) and John (who watched Emma during the parade) and Janice (who watched both girls so I could do my photography). You made my life so much easier on a really busy day. Thank you!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay, the parade thing is so funny. I am still laughing.

And I just re-read the 10 kids were from 6 families. :)

bunchofbull-ers! said...

Like the parade face!! LOL. And the new background is beautiful!! Did you create it?
Have a great week.

Kelly

Peters Family Farms said...

love love love your layout! let me watch your wonderful girls more often!

Cathy said...

That face looks familiar!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Just wanted to stop by and say that I love your blog background. You did a great job.
The whole walking the parade in front of everyone, yea that would freak me out too. :-)

Sara said...

Wow, I kept forgetting I was reading about a single day - even if that all happened on an entire weekend it could still be called busy! Have you recovered yet? =)

I love you new blog layout! The three-column spread is pretty cool. And at first I thought the links to your family and friends with the last updated part was neat, but then I thought that maybe it was just your way of guilting us into updating our blogs more frequently! ;o)