Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Working" with a new subject

I photograph children. I love to photograph children, but oh, they are a challenge. Today I embarked on a new area of photography; one where my subject did what I told her too, she survived through various wardrobe changes, didn't need to break for a nap, and was eager to change location after location. I loved it! I took senior pictures for Miranda, the niece of my former youth pastor. She was a delight to work with and I had so much fun.

We were at Minto Brown Park and had the summer sun on our side. Miranda is just a beautiful girl and adventurous too! I enjoyed trying new things as I asked her to hike through rocks in bare feet and scale a condemned dock in a floor-length dress (don't tell her mom!).

I am working on the photos now and am pleased with them. I took over 100 and will post a few to preview on my photography blog as soon as possible.


2 comments:

simplykersh said...

Just thought I would let you know your blog and I have become lunch buddies! I generally don't get to eat until my girls are down for naps so I sit down with a relaxing sandwich and get lost in your take on life and your photos! They are both beautiful.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! What fun for you!