Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blackberry Hospitality

I had a bunch of ladies over today to enjoy our bountiful blackberries and to play in the yard with their kids. All the MOPS moms were invited and 5 came with their children. It was really fun and I always think, "I should do this more often." And I really should. I spent WAY too much time cleaning and preparing for everyone and that is really not what hospitality is all about. How quickly I forgot the mud hut in Africa. 

I made homemade blackberry ice cream and it was SO yummy. We all really enjoyed it, but I didn't make very much. We were all wishing for some more. I'll post the recipe on Food Love soon.

If you are wondering about the puky Emma, she is recovered. Since yesterday after lunch she's been just normal. I love having my healthy and vibrant girl back. Oh, she loves having friends over to play. She did not worry about her room being a mess or that her friends might think she is a slob. She just played and showed them her things and loaned bathing suits (even trying to outfit the boys).

The kids really like the ice cream and sat down like this without coaxing.

I held Clara for a little bit and she is just SO different than Mandy. The two are only a month apart in age, but Mandy outweighs Clara by about 5 pounds and sweet Clara sits still like an angel. Mandy goes and goes some more. Sometimes I wonder if Mandy's bottom itches she wiggles so much. The uniqueness is priceless.

I'm having a few more moms over later in the week to pick blackberries and will try to control myself and not do the mad cleaning rush before they come. People don't need to see a perfect house to feel special at my home. Although I bet the homemade ice cream helps a little. 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm sad I wasn't able to come. The boys and I had a commitment in Salem and took the opportunity to do some school shopping as well. You know I would have been there if I could have!! Looks like a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like so much fun! I miss homemade ice cream :( Too bad I don't live closer..:)

Linds and Manda said...

Your blackberry get together looks like a lot of fun. Wished Liam and I could have joined you. I picked raspberries from our patch today to make a cake. Thought of you.