Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mandy Walks

I was watching Mandy crawl around when we were on vacation on Wednesday and I was thinking, "When is this child ever going to walk?" She took her first steps 6 weeks ago and had not taken more than 2 steps since. She seemed to have zero interest in walking. We were in the sports center's gym playing basket ball, Jeff and Emma and I were on one side of the gym while Mandy rolled around a ball on the far side. Then, before our eyes, she pushed herself to standing and started walking across the gym floor. She walked about 15 feet confidently before falling. Since then, she's been walking more and more and I finally caught a few steps on camera. 

Now you can tilt your head to the side and watch this clip. I can never remember that the camera tilts, but the view just goes sideways. Please don't tell anyone I claim to be a photographer.


9 comments:

Andee said...

Yay Mandy!!!!

Shawna said...

WOW! I am so excited! It is so fun to see Mandy's development just a month before Madison so I know what to expect! That is so cool she waited for her 'show' of walking expertise while all three of you could watch!

Lindsay said...

Ahhh....it's so much fun to watch them take off walking!

Carrie Peeples said...

Yippee!! She's walking! That's really exciting (and more work ;)

I got your blog comment and a great way to start working on your wishlist is to host a party. If you ever want to, I'd love to come down and do one for you!

Cathy said...

Woohoo, Mandy! Our grandson, Hunter, is doing the same thing. We see him tomorrow and can't wait to catch him in action too!

Sara said...

Look at her go! Yay! She looks like she's been walking around for weeks rather than just days. I can't believe she walked 15 feet out of the blue after only taking two steps in six weeks! Crazy girl. I guess she decided to do it when she was ready. ;o)

Grandma Sherri said...

wish she would have done that long walk while we were still there! she will be an old hand at it when we return for Emma's Bd!!

pseudostarss said...

Aw, congrats Mandy!! Thats so exciting. :) And is that the brown rug you dyed and never updated us avid reads on?! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I wish I could see her walk. (I can't from my work computer) but I am sure it is a site. I can't wait to see it!