Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rejuvenation

I got paid. If you read the last post and were worried, no need. I didn't get paid with money. I didn't even get a "thank you." But Emma picked this bunch of flowers for me.




After one more contained puking episode early this afternoon, Emma is back to normal.




Mandy is still acting clinging and whiny, but with no other symptoms, I am not complaining. Especially when she brought me flowers too. They sure know how to make a mommy feel better.




Is this the same girl who caused me such problems this morning? I can assure you this is not how I would spend the afternoon if I had just had the flu.




I am so thankful for the sunshine. It warmed my body and my frazzled soul.




Here's to sunshine, short sicknesses, reparable messes, and washing machines that do the job.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow. Glad I logged on and read about your day in the afternoon! Thanks for sharing the ugly as well as the sweet. Thankful for a God who can show us two perspectives in a short timespan...may one help you remember the other and know that 'this too shall pass'!

Sara said...

I'm so glad that your afternoon got better! I felt so horrible for you when I read your post around lunchtime! You poor dear! I decided to remember your horrible morning to pull out sometime when I'm having a bad day - I don't think I've ever heard a worse pukey/poopy story ever (with morning sickness too!)! Anyway, I prayed that things would improve for you the rest of the day and I'm sooooo glad that they did. Sunshine and flowers can do amazing things! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls and flowers. Eric read the sickness post last night out loud to the family and we were all laughing. You have a way with words. Save that one for the book you are going to publish someday. Laughter is a wonderful gift...
Jenni Birch