Monday, September 07, 2009

The perfect picture

Taking pictures of a 2 year old

+

taking pictures of my own 2 year old without any help

+

the 2 year old has a cold and is grumpy

+

the photographer is slow and sore

=

the perfect 2 year-old birthday pictures? We can only dream...



Mandy was naughty and I was frustrated.





I got a lot of pictures of her running away from me. And then I had to stand up and chase her. Ouch.



But her outfit is sure cute. The jeans are Children's Place -- love the adjustable waist. I got the sweater for $4 at a consignment shop and it is Baby Gap. The boots were Emma's, second hand from another little girl.







"You want me to do what? Smile?"




Mandy's birthday is next week and I really wanted to get her portraits taken, edited and printed. Because you never know what tomorrow may bring.



So, the question remains: did I get any good pictures of Mandy? Tune in next week on the 16th to see the results and I'll post my reflections on my precious little girl, smiling or not.

signiture3

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Hunter is the same way....VERY exasperating to get a picture of him sitting still and smiling...but we must keep trying, right!

Lindsay said...

Wow, you are on the ball. She is just so cute! Anna had that exact same sweater, love it! Such a pretty color with Mandy's blonde hair and blue eyes.

Cooking with Big E said...

Early is better then late, especially with a little guy coming in the near future! I'm sure you managed to get at least a few good pictures despite all issues you mentioned. And if not I'm sure there's some sort of Photoshop Smiley action that might fix it! I wish!

Janelle said...

I tried to get 2 year old pictures today too. And Adelynne was equally unhelpful. Can you believe the girls are almost 2? Sometimes I just can't believe how old Adelynne is getting. She really is starting to look like a little girl, not a baby, esp. with a baby around the house. The nursery stuff looks so cute...can't wait to see what you do with it all.

Unknown said...

They look good to me. Wow...a week ahead of time. I had so many plans for pictures of Libby for cute scrapbook pages. Some of them I have taken but sadly, for some the opportunity has come and gone. They grow up so fast.

Sara said...

She looks so grown up! I love the ruffle on the ankle of her jeans.