Tuesday, November 03, 2009

4 weeks already

These last 4 weeks have flown by as we get to know our new little guy. Remi continues to have a very laid-back personality and is very sweet, snuggly, and rarely cries. I thank God for this about 3,000 times a day! He is a good nurser and has grown to 9 pounds 10 ounces, almost 2 pounds up from his birth weight. The 0-3 months sized clothes are finally fitting nicely. My favorite outfits on him are ones I got in 2 different sets (thanks mom and Andee) by Carters. The cute little monkey is hard to resist.



The blanket was sewn by Remi's great Aunt Joyce. I love the jungle print around the outside.




The girls still fight to hold him, although some of the initial allure has worn off. I needed Emma to hold him while I did something else and Remi happened to spit up on her. She exclaimed, "Why did you give him to me when he pukes all over me?" If Remi has a fault it is that he spits up a lot. We'll forgive him for it since he is such a sweetheart.







We give his cheeks lots of kisses and I'm afraid we spread our germs to him as well. He is currently working through his second cold. Hearing him all congested and snotty is terrible, but he is still able to eat and sleep. And what else does a newborn need?




My little ruffians. I'm not sure how some people (ehem, Resolved 2 Worship) get their children to look like little Gap Kids models for every picture. The photo above is true to life; mismatched jammies, stained work shirts, bed head, and happy girls in love with their baby.




Jeff took this photo. Apparently everyone wanted to be "burritos" like the baby. There is no shortage to the fun around here. :)

signiture3

9 comments:

Andee said...

Aw! I love the monkey buns!!

Grace said...

I LOVE the last picture! I always call mine a little burrito. I can't wait!!!

Tawny said...

Very cute post! Your burrito'd kids are quite adorable and I need to make it up to you soon.

Note: I was signing in to discuss my love of Monkey Buns as well, but Andee beat me to it!

Sara said...

So glad that Remi is such a good baby and that he is fitting into the family so well. As everyone else has stated, I love the last picture of your kids all bundled up! Soooo adorable!

Shawna said...

Just this morning Madison asked me "Cover you up, like a burrito". Too cute! You have a beautiful family.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the true to life pictures of your three! I love it...and like everyone else, I'm sure they had a blast being those burritos along with Remi!

Alyce said...

Love the photos!

You know, I have one of those heavy duty indoor/outdoor plastic playschool slides (with a small enclosure underneath with a door) that my boys have grown out of, and I'm looking for a home for it. Would you be interested? If so, send me an email and I can send you a photo of what it looks like. If you want it, it's yours.

Alyce said...

Oops - here's my email address so that you don't have to look it up.

akreese (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sarah D. said...

I love the pictures. John/Jack spits up all the time too. You forget how much kids spit-up in the first few months. Jeff did a good job with that last picture. It reminded me of everyone wanting to be alike in my family.