Monday, November 09, 2009

Happy Birthday to Emma, happy birthday to you....

It's Emma's birthday today and we are so excited! Emma has only mentioned it for the last 2 months at least, every day. "When is it my birthday?" and "How long 'til my birthday?" and "I really want _____ for my birthday."



Emma has a party today with her favorite people, her cousins plus her friend Heidi. I was able to persuade her away from an indoor princess party and more toward a harvest theme where all the amazing 5 year old (and younger) energy could be outside and in the barn. There will still be pink cupcakes along with a bonfire and games. Pictures to come.



When thinking of Emma, 40 million things come to mind. She's an amazingly complex little girl and is a reminder each day that I need wisdom from God to raise her. I love seeing her personality unfold. Just a few words that describe her: precious, determined, methodical, creative, generous, thoughtful, introspective, and introvert.




These are not Emma's official 5 year old pictures, just some I snapped before church in one of her new birthday outfits.
signiture3

5 comments:

Choco Girl said...

Happy Birthday Emma!

Grandma Sherri said...

Have a wonderful day celebrating Emma!!

Andee said...

Happy Birthday, Emmaleigh!

Tawny said...

She's 5 already?? Oh my goodness! Happy Birthday Emma!

Juicepail said...

Happy Birthday Emma! It doesn't feel like it was 5 years ago that I was on the phone with your mom talking about how you came into the world...and now you are such a beautiful little lady. Hope you had fun! Love, aunt amanda