Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Projectile smiles

Claim to fame: I do at least one laundry load a week that consists of burp cloths only. I've found that flannel receiving blankets work the best for catching the ever flowing stream of spit up from our baby's mouth. I have at least 20.

We have a puky, puky baby. He is such a sweet little guy. Really. Truly. The happiest baby you'll ever meet. He'll grin and turn your heart to mush and then spew breast milk all over you.


Photobucket



Check out this clip from the movie, Four Christmases. It's about a couple without children who endure 4 sets of odd relatives over the holidays. This made me laugh out loud. And reminded me of some pretty unpleasant personal experiences with projectile vomiting. Jeff could stand in as Vince Vaghn in this scene.




signiture3

9 comments:

joyq said...

I love that clip. I also love my friends who don't yet have kids. Very like this couple:)

Andee said...

Hahahaha! Now that I am no longer the parent of the spitty kid, I can laugh about it. By the way, I nominate this post for best title ever.

Alysun said...

Hello i just wanted to say that my name is also spelled like Alysun but still pronounced allison :]

Cathy said...

Oh my! Lamar and I are practically on the floor laughing so hard. That is so funny!

Melanie said...

Oh, my! That is funny! Seriously, this is the one thing I dread in a baby. But then on the other hand, it makes for a very good excuse to wear an old hoodie and yoga pants every day!

Sherri said...

hilarious- and jeff is way beyond this character. Dad said he watched it on our computer at work wich has no sound and laughed all after noon just at the sight of it:) Love this pic of Remi. I'm ready for milky showers - I miss the little guy and his sisters:)
(had lots of fun with their cousins though!)

Stacy said...

haha! great clip. & I too would have that many burp cloths, but my dog likes to eat them as revenge. Guess I'll have to make some more, or maybe a rain coat would work just as well sometimes.

Shawna said...

I watched this movie by myself recently and I laughed outloud at this scene too!

Carrie Peeples said...

I saw this movie before I had Millie and thought that was a stupidly unreal quantity of spit-up. And then I had Millie. Hah! It's still kind of a lot but she sometimes so much sometimes I wonder how she has anything left in her little stomach!!