Thursday, April 22, 2010

A letter to his sisters....





Dear Emma and Mandy,




First I want to say how much I appreciate you welcoming me so wholeheartedly since my arrival. Your unconditional love is a huge part of what makes me enjoy it so much here. I can't imagine more devoted sisters.


You are also very tolerant. I've repeatedly puked on both of you and you don't carry on for very long about how disgusting it is. It is kind of you to understand my limitations. When I pee in the bath, you don't freak out. Emma, thanks for bringing it up in your Sunday School prayer time. I can use all the help I can get with my problems.


You are my best friends and will be until I gain some independence and make other friends. A lock on my bedroom door will also change things, but that won't be for awhile unfortunately


I love you so much and that's why I'm writing this. My cries and screams don't seem to be making the point. This has been weighing on me physically, mentally, and spiritually for sometime now: I need more space.








You treat me a like a baby doll, but that needs to change. I don't appreciate being dressed up like a girl or wearing fur hats. Last time I checked you had 8  real dolls ready and willing to play dress up. They miss you.


Although my manliness isn't always apparent, there will be a day when I am bigger and stronger than you. I will be tough and burly and have hair on my chest. Let me be a man. Sometimes I need time to myself to do manly things. Legos = good. Tea parties and My Little Pony = not my idea of a good time.








Our interaction is fun and all, but we need some boundaries. The kissing and hugging, tickling, and being hauled around can go too far. I've felt smothered and in physical danger on more than one occasion.





(This picture pretty much sums it up)




Please remember I'm saying these things in love. Thank you for taking my feelings to heart.






Affectionately,


Remington

7 comments:

Lesley Miller said...

I am dying! Laughing out loud! I love Remi's writing style. He's got talent. But, I love that picture of him even more (the one at the bottom of a dog pile).

Grace said...

Love,love,love it! They are all so adorable! I can't imagine what it will be like when we fianlly get a boy. Poor guy!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! Remi is so funny! He is one very gifted child.

Love,
Great,Great Aunt Marlene

Sherri said...

I was wondering when he was going to blow! He is so tolerant and holds it all in (except for the spit up.) I'm glad he was able to communicate his feelings- hopefully his sisters will listen:)

Sara said...

Emma brought up Remi's "problem" during Sunday school prayer time?!? That's hilarious!

Cathy said...

So good of Remi to communicate this to his sisters and get it all out now. Don't want him to hold it all in!

Linds and Manda said...

You are hilarious Al. Being there to see "the love" first hand, I can see why Remy is asking for space. ;)