Thursday, May 03, 2007

Room Make-Over for under $60

I love room make-overs and always think, "I could do that for WAY less." A room with a $1,000 budget? You have to be kidding.

I've been working on my office for a couple of weeks. I had a vision to turn my completely cluttered, white, bare, messy, unorganized space into a place I actually enjoyed. It started with asking my husband to bring the old metal teacher's desk up from the basement. It took him 3 days because he had to take it apart (it wouldn't fit up the stairs). I painted the desk that now provides lots of locked storage (aways from the ever present cat-burgler, Emma). Also, I painted the entire room Toasted Almond, added some curtains my mom just gave to me and some pictures I took in Africa. In total, I spent about $60 on paint, frames, and the photographs. I am really happy witht the results. Everthing has a place and it is a very calming, comfortable place to be.


I didn't take "before" pictures because it was truely a messy place. Emma got in to all my papers and spread them, along with a pile of post-it notes all over. Her toys, combined with my lack of organization and not enough work space, made it a fright.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sherri said...

I saw the before, this is amazing!! Can't wait to see it in person! By the way, I thot I was supposed to post as Grandma Sherri, so don't know what happened there, just when I thot I had it figured out, oh well! Ben was calling Grandpa just 'Tom' the other day hopefully we got him straitened out before he teaches Emma

Dan & Hillary said...

Nate Berkus, here she comes!

Laura said...

Alysun, I need a painting buddy! I've got lots of rooms that need color. One thing that I am excited about is that we are having our blinds installed this weekend. What's even better is that I will be at at Memoranza event all day!

Lindsay said...

Looks GREAT! Love the toasted almond color and name. Don't you just love cool paint color names? :)

Andee said...

Looks great, but now what am I going to do with my living room curtains?

Jessi Reber said...

Excellent job! I can't wait to see it. I definitely work better in a clean and organized work space!

Annie said...

You should be a regular on HGTV. Think of what you could do with 1,000 dollars!