Wednesday, May 02, 2007

No pictures please!

I was pulling weeds on Saturday and absently pulled out some Poison Oak. As I stared at it in my hand, I feared the worst. Last year I had a horrible rash from Poison Oak and it took a full month to go away. I immediately went in and washed my hands and arms… Unfortunately, it still got me. I woke up Monday morning with my eye swollen shut. The rash is also all over my cheeks, nose, mouth, neck, and a little on my hand and arm. I am quite allergic -- it spreads quickly. You may wonder how it got on my face, and I wonder the same thing. Regardless, I am puffed up, red and scaly, and in misery. All my husband can say when he looks at me is, “I still love you.” He tried to take a picture yesterday and almost lost his life. This is not something I want to live in infamy.

Emma’s encouraging words are, “Be hoppy, Mom.” To top it off, our friends from Saskatoon are visiting (arriving tomorrow) and we have a full week of fun planned. I think I can still manage to have fun, as long as I don’t look in the mirror.

1 comment:

Andee said...

You know, I've heard of Altzimers patients who freak out when they see themselves in a mirror because they don't recognize the person looking back at them. Is it the same with Poison Oak patients?