Monday, May 26, 2008

Trip Highlights:


  • Seeing friends, Laura and Hillary in Nashville
  • Staying at Laura and Kris's beautiful home
  • The Grand Ole Opry Hotel's beautiful botanical gardens all indoors
  • Fantastic sunny weather in Nashville
  • Touring Washington DC with my friend and cousin, Jessi
  • Staying at the Marriot and the amazingly comfortable bed
  • The National Cathedral with its beautiful architecture and the serene beauty of the Bishop's Garden
  • Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day weekend; I was struck by the thousands  of tomb stones decorated with flags. It was a powerful place
  • Spending the afternoon with my friend, Stacy from my hometown who now lives in DC with her new husband and works for World Vision.
  • Dinner at Stacy's home
  • The Capitol Mall; 2 miles long, full of monuments and important places to our nations history
  • Fantastic sunny weather on Saturday while Jessi, Stacy, Mandy, and I walked around the capital mall
  • When 2 uniformed servicemen were given first class seats on my return flight home. The captain thanked the men for their service on the loud speaker. With all the negative press directed toward the military, it was so wonderful to see 2 men honored for their service. 

The trip was really fun and I am glad to be back home -- Mandy is glad too. Toward the end of the trip, she was not sleeping well during the day or the night and didn't want to eat anything but Gerber baby puffs. She is spoiled to my home cooked baby food and you should have seen her gobble down a huge portion of home-made food when we got home yesterday afternoon. She refused, down right refused to eat the jarred baby food I bought special for the trip. Thankfully, I had the puffs along and she ate those along with formula for her sustenance. I enjoyed eating at some great restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, a real southern BBQ place, and Burger King. 

It was wonderful to see friends and to go on this adventure. I hope you can see the slide-show of my pictures OK. I had fun taking them and enjoyed perfect weather every day of the trip. Thanks for all the comments from those of you who look at the blog -- it warms my heart to know that so many of you actually care about my little life. Sure, I know you are just here looking for cute pictures my angels, but I'll take what I can get. :)

3 comments:

Peters Family Farms said...

Oh so fun! Couldn't read the words on the slide show, too small, easy to do for you with your huge computer screen ;) It looks like it was an enjoyable trip, woohoo!

Linds and Manda said...

Great pictures. I'm so glad you had such good weather while you were there. I hope we can get to DC sometime. I probably have it more on my mind lately because Lindsay and I just finished watching season one of The West Wing. :) Glad you are back home and Mandy is enjoying those yummy veggies.

Lindsay said...

So glad you're back! You took some amazing pictures and looks like an amazing time! My parents rave about the cracker barrel and I recognized you and Mandy in the rocking chairs (I think) they have on the porch!