Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blue hair

I am getting my haircut and colored tomorrow and was looking online for some different styles. I found dailymakeoever.com and create new looks for myself. Emma helped me and we really had a great time putting different hair on my head. Try to figure out which ones Emma picked! She is opinionated about everything and would say, "Um, no try purple. No, not that one, maybe shorter. I want you to have bangs like me." Goodness! I love her input and I can tell her creative genius needs to be expressed just like mine. I pray that she doesn't beg for some outrageous hairstyle for herself some day that will clash with my family Christmas photo.

I don't look good with long hair. I know that now. It has taken some work for me and my husband to both come to this conclusion, but it is time. I shouldn't do long hair, but the blue is not bad.
Emma laughed hysterically in her fake, fake laugh for awhile about the purple hair. She was having too much fun. Time to get serious....

Nope, still can't do long hair, even when it is shiny and black.


Okay, now we are in a little more normal place in hairland.


I like the look above. I could spend an hour on my hair every morning. I could work it in to my schedule. Right after I do my make-up and before I put on my designer jeans to go out with my friends for coffee.

Ahhh! It's me in 1995. This is so frightening. It is the nightmare where I ate all the blackberry cream cheese bars and I gained 30 pounds in one sitting.

Hoho hee. I have mousy hair. My hair is super, super thick (I left off the third "super" to leave room to describe hair like my sister's), so I have never had flat hair. I wonder what it would be like.....
I just realized I have 2 hairstyles the same, but in different colors. I guess I like that one. I never thought about doing an A-line because of my love affair with the pony-tail, but I guess I could try it. What do I have to lose? 

I would love your opinion before tomorrow am! I still have time to try more looks on Daily Makeover. Try some yourself. It is really a good time had by all -- mom and children!

9 comments:

Annie said...

I love the 4th one down. The blue one us quite fetching ... but no.

Sara said...

4th one for me too. That purple one is awesome - I would laugh forever too! =)

Cooking with Big E said...

I agree with everyone else and like the 4th one down. It's really cute!

pseudostarss said...

I like the fourth one down also!

Lindsay said...

I also like the shorter cut. It would be so cute on you. You'll have to post an after picture of your hair!

simplykersh said...

My Jeff says he "could date that" with the last hair cut - like sushi bar indy movie - not necessarily engagement date but definitely cool, then again he says your husband looks bigger then him so maybe not. (Jeff here, remind your husband that I wear glasses and am chronically ill so there is no good reason to punch my lights out...or in...and all that I said was prefaced with "if single")Looking forward to the new pictures

Unknown said...

The fourth one is really good for your coloring. I am so jealous. You are going to look so non-mom.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Make sure you get styling tips before you leave the salon or you'll struggle for days trying to recreate the 'new hair' perfection. :) Kelsey

Peters Family Farms said...

The second one down looks like the Adeline look to me...