Monday, July 20, 2009

30 weeks!

30 weeks always seems like such a huge milestone to me. My husband pointed out that there are still 2 and a half months to go, but I prefer to think that 30 weeks, 3/4s of the pregnancy are done. Baby is about 3 pounds and wiggling and kicking lots.



Always love the self-portraits, but I promised a couple of friend that I would post a "belly" shot. Wish one of them was here to take the picture, rather than the timer on my computer screen. I am just beginning to look pregnant and not just chubby. Arg. One person actually said they thought I looked a little bloated. Eh hum. I am still feeling great physically (if only a bit emotionally scared) and gaining weight with great enthusiasm. I do not step on the scale any more at home, but my midwives assure me that it is healthy. I live on a strict no sugar, low carb, low fat, and high protein diet. In the meantime, I ordered a few more clothes online since 10 weeks is a long time to live in one pair of remaining fitting capris.
signiture3

PS I recently colored my hair back to brunette. Does it count as coloring if it is close to what God gave me? I had blond highlights, grown out and looking icky. I can't believe how much pregnancy changes the texture of my hair; from smooth to corse, from very wavy to almost completely flat. Uh, thanks Baby Boy.


12 comments:

Dan & Hillary said...

I 'love' the "bloated" comment... how much do they think you swell up on any given day?? You look very cute! Your hair is definitely darker but it suits you.

Grace said...

Ahhhh! I'm so jealous! I'm only 14 weeks and I'm about as big as you are! You look so cute!!!!

Annie said...

The last ten weeks will fly by! You are very cute. You'll have to come visit us soon so we can give you tips on boys. Tip #1 - they grow FAST, or at least mine do. You should see how FAT he is at five weeks, still going strong and not showing any signs of slowing down.
I like your hair color. I'm going to have to do mine soon b/c it is going gray, but am scared to. What if I pick the wrong color?

Shawna said...

You look simply DIVINE! I just bought capris like those and was hoping that no one said "How far along are you?" The dreaded question after I gained back all the weight I lost during morning sickness. YIKES. LOVE THE HAIR!

Sara said...

Um, where's the belly shot? Oh wait, that first one was it? My word, you've got such a small tummy for 30 weeks! Lucky you! Yes, 30 weeks is a huge milestone in my mind too - in other words, it's almost time to start panicking! =)

Cathy said...

Aren't you just so cute!

Cooking with Big E said...

You look great! I'm sure the next 10 weeks will go by quickly, after all you still have two kiddos to keep tabs on.

Stacy said...

You look great! & Don't you just love the "you're getting so big" comments. As if they are supposed to be complements?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alysun, I just thought of a boy name for you.....Blake Jeffrey Peters! What do you think? If you don't like it, no problem here. I'll just "encourage" my kids to use it for a future grandson!!
Love,
Aunt Dianne

Choco Girl said...

Uh, where is your stomach..looks like a pooch. Are you sure you're not just pushing your stomach out like we kids did when we were showing off how big our stomachs can get..you look good!

Peters Family Farms said...

You are gaining poundage because you were SOOOOOO SKINNY to begin with. It's just about killing me waiting to darken my hair (the ends are so very sun bleached) but I can't figure out how to dye my hair w/o it touching my head. Do you use one of those brush thingys?

Aly sun said...

As to the hair dye: I went to a pro. She had to do it twice to get it to stick and look even on the grown-out blond. She painted it on with the special brush thingy and I am glad I didn't attempt it at home. It is amazing how much your hair can bug you, especially during pregnancy.

I dyed my hair myself quite a few times when I was pregnant with the girls, probably not terribly safe and it didn't actually change the color of my hair, but I felt better.