Hello, my pretties.
I love peaches. I love them fresh from the tree, in pies, and I even love canning them. Of course my zeal for canning is tempered this year by my growing fatigue and my little ones who aren't really old enough to help -- there has been a lot of tv entertainment going on the last few canning days. I picked 85 pounds of peaches and so far have about 3/4ths preserved. The sound of popping lids is gratifying! My inner Granola Mama is quite thrilled with myself.
I still hope to make a pie... maybe tomorrow. And make some more puree for baby food. After that I want to can tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce and apple sauce. There will be a lot of saucing going on in my very ambitious mind.
I'll keep you posted as any of my ambitions actually come true. My formerly great long list of "must do before the baby comes" used to include things like,
- Finish scrapbooking Mandy's baby book
- Organize craft cupboard
- Sort misc pictures in my Power Sort box
- Scrapbook through current year in family album
- Paint baby's room 2 different carefully selected colors
- Stencil a Baobab tree on the wall
- Hang chair rail
- Sew roman shades
- Sew super cute elephant baby bedding
- Can peaches, tomatoes, apples, and pears
And now my list of "must do's" looks something like this:
- do something with the rest of the peaches before they rot
- set up crib and find not-pink sheet to put on mattress
"Most people would succeed in small things if they were not troubled with great ambitions."