Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Updated pregnancy photo

Emma drew a pictures of our family. I am the tall figure in the middle. My petite 6'2" husband is on the right. Emma and Mandy, in all their tininess, are on the left.

(the "Bad hair day" magnet is the least of our problems)


This is the part of pregnancy that a woman starts to feel huge. I don't care if you tell me I am not huge, because I know for myself (and from this picture) that I am. My womb looks rather square and I only have 1 large boob, but other than that, the picture is pretty accurate. When I showed my kind and caring husband this picture after Emma went to bed, he laughed. 

I whined, "Am I really this large?" 

He laughed again. "Well, you aren't that tall." He reassured. And then with concern he pointed to the picture of himself, he asked, "Are my legs really that short and fat?" 

"Yes," I told him, "Yes, they are." 
signiture3

6 comments:

Grandma Sherri said...

the good news is you are all a happy family and who could ask for more than that? I also noticed mom and dad have nice large ears indicating that they hear all. Emma is very perceptive.

Andee said...

And you have that rosey pregnancy glow...

Cooking with Big E said...

The good news is that your daughter sees you as a larger then life influence which is a good thing. As for the fat and short legs she drew for your husband I'm not so sure!

Sara said...

Looks like you've got some pretty big biceps too...But Jeff has skinny little arms! Ha, ha!

Lindsay said...

Oh man! This really made me laugh! You gotta save it for the baby book.

Cathy said...

You ARE all smiling, so that's nice that she sees your family that way!