Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What is Zumba?

This is what Zumba looks like....




I can assure you that this is not what I looked like doing Zumba. 

I attended my first session yesterday and many on Facebook said, "You'll love it!" and a few others snickered. I'll be the first to tell you I CAN'T DANCE. At all. Not even a little. If it wasn't for 11 years of music theory, I don't think I could clap and sing at the same time. So, I understood the snickering by those who love me. At the class, I tried my hardest to move in the same general direction as the other people. It really made me feel better that the girl next to me almost hit me in the head a couple times (her fault, amazingly not mine). Also, a great encouragement were the 3 ladies in the back row in their 60's. One said after the class, "This makes Jazz-er-size look like a stroll with a walker." It was the hardest cardio workout I have ever done because it is just non-stop for nearly an hour. Proudly, I made it through the whole class. Today I can hardly walk (the walker sounds like a good idea). What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! I plan on attending again tomorrow. A friend of mine is the teacher and it is fun to get out of the house and do something productive. 


signiture3

4 comments:

Applejacks32 said...

Ok, I am in, that looks like fun, I love dancing!! Send me an email with the particulars and I will plan to join you next Monday!!
Jacqui

The Cowgirl's Typewriter said...

That does look like fun!

Linds and Manda said...

Good for you! I kind of like that sore feeling the next day. I make me feel like I am doing something good for my body. Last night I played two soccer games. Yes, back at that like the years before babies. It went fairly well but the bad part was that our games were late in the evening -- 9:45 and 10:45. That's just wrong.

Andee said...

I just want to know how they were able to get som many pictures of me in the video without my having to sign something. Anyday now, you will be their next poster child!