Friday, February 05, 2010

Fantastic Four

Four months old...

Photobucket

A lot can happen in a month. Remi's changed a great deal. He "talks" to us with his interactive conversational coos and grunts, frequently getting annoyed at his sister when they are too close. He kicks and moves his arms when he is excited and tries and tries to roll over. He can actually play. Grasping toys and bringing them to his mouth is a favorite activity. I've also noticed him getting bored during his extended awake times (last month he was still sleeping most of the time). I switch him from bouncy seat, to Bumpo, to Boppy, to play gym, and now even the exersaucer.

People ask me all the time if he is sleeping through the night. I must do a pretty good job of covering the dark circles under my eyes and acting not sleep deprived. No, he doesn't sleep all night. He sleeps well for a couple long stretches, but still acts super hungry when I feed him. I not ready to let him cry it out. Nope. Not even a little. Ask me in a few months, but for now, I tolerate our special night time quiet times.

During the day he takes a good afternoon nap for a few hours and usually a morning nap and evening too for about an hour each. He's flexible/ easy going and isn't too grumpy if he gets off his routine. That's a blessing! Both of the girls were so terrible if they didn't get sleep in their own beds. Remi is very social and smiles at everyone he sees. He brings people joy and I love it. Remi is going to change the world with his smiles... even if they are often accompanied by projectile vomit.

He's also been working on his physique. He put on almost 2 pounds of pure... er... muscle? And grew 2 inches in length. All those 0-3 month clothes he fit into 30 days ago, are long gone. Now Remi is wearing 3-6 month clothes and even some 6-9. I've been having a hard time keeping up with his appetite. It's been a great excuse for me to indulge in the yummy foods that I crave. Remi concurs. No more trying to lose weight or doing hard core exercise. It can be frustrating at times, but I'm not complaining. Remi is such a sweet addition to our lives. Time passes quickly and he has more growing to do. There might come a day when he doesn't demand anything from me at all. Sniff. Sniff.
signiture3

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that photo of your chunk of burning love is my favorite one yet. Keep em coming.

Sherri said...

So handsome!! The sweetest temprament- good thing he has those sisters to protect him- he will need them when he grows up.

Sara said...

Yes, 4 months is when starts to get fun - they can play, they can coo, and they're supposed to be sleeping better! ;o) I hear ya about the sleeping problems - Ben still has them and I've pretty much given up him sleeping through the night until I'm done nursing him at 1 year. I'm glad to hear you're putting Remi's voracious appetite ahead of your desire to exercise and lose weight - you've got the right attitude about having plenty of time for that later and about giving him what he needs. Way to go, Mommy!

Coleson & Tate said...

Oh, I certainly hope that him sleeping through the night only will come from having to CIO! Not that I am completely against that, it has it's place, but both of my boys have slept through the night by 2 months and it just fell into place, sort of speak with no crying. I hope he gives that to ya soon, mama!
I have a BIG boy too. At 6 months wearing 12 and 12-18 months. Which is just crazy to me! anyhow. enjoy the extra fun he is giving...boys are sweet. I think it's hard for "girl mamas" to really think it's true till they get one of their own. Boys will take your heart --forever. :)

Anonymous said...

His rolls are sooo adorable!
Deb

Dan & Hillary said...

I don't want Camille drooling over those rolls when she comes to visit, so you'll have to clothe him one day;-)

PS- definitely try the 'stacked tire' look for the property! Then, call in HGTV over how pathetic (errr, wonderful) everything looks!