We are playing this game at our house this morning, so I thought I would share. It's a great way to teach counting and even math. I'm always on the lookout for tactical, learning activities that are applicable for my almost 6 year old and my barely 3 year old. A friend who teaches special education taught us this game. It is very versatile.
- Print 5 sets of feet (or more if you want to go higher than 10), and cut out
- Write a number on each foot
- Have children try to put the numbers in order on the floor
- Hide a number and have smaller children hunt for the missing number
- Stand on numbers while counting (beginner addition)
- Try going backwards while counting (beginner subtraction)
The possibilities are endless. Have fun!