Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Botanical Anomalies

We had a lovely garden this year.

Full of wild flowers, sunflowers, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, herbs, squash, carrots (of short stature), and zucchini (of unusual size).






I love gardening with my kids.

We'll continue our crazy garden attempts next year.




Here I caught a zucchini before it got too big. 

Emma was CZP, cheif zucchini picker, for our 5 plants.

A few got away from her.








The vertically challenged carrots,









Zucchini of unusual size? 

I don't believe they exist.






Until next year's botanical anomalies surprise us, 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Stacy said...

My garden started so good...weeded every week, lovingly tended each day...then morning sickness and beginning pregnancy exhaustion hit. Next year...oh, wait I'll have a newborn.

Anonymous said...

Love your garden! That is an amazing zucchini. Wow! You have such a special family...love reading your blog:)
p.s. Did you know zucchini blossoms are a delicacy? You can stuff them with a crab meat mixture and tempura batter them and fry them. And serve them with a lemon type of a sauce (yuzu cocho). Very yummy:)