Monday, September 10, 2012
10 Things I Know About Potty Training
1. I dislike toilet training, but I dislike even more changing grown-up-like poop out of diapers.
2. Bribing works. Candy at 6am, sure! Candy at 11pm, sure!
3. Consistency works. Except when it doesn't.
4. Pull-Up manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank. They can charge double for a diaper appealing to toddlers and ensure that I'll be buying them until my kid is 10 because he likes them so much.
5. I need a nanny.
6. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes are my BFF.
7. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes are my BFF with benefits. I write love songs about them as I'm wiping pee from the outside of the toilet bowl, the wall, the floor, the sink and the side of the tub.
8. Boy are harder to train than girls. It's not an urban legend, it's true. My boy is very unmotivated to learn this skill.
9. If one more person brags on social media about how easily their toddler was potty trained, I'm going to throw a poopy Pull-Up at my computer screen.... and then clean it up with a Clorox Disinfecting Wipe.
10. Never mind, that's just gross. Do I really need more messes to clean up? I think not.
by Aly sun