Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Picture Pile...

I took some more pictures of Emma today in hopes of working out some lighting issues I am having with my new camera. Emma seemed to enjoy her modeling gig today and I even caught a few smiles.
Last weekend, while we were preparing for Laura's wedding, the photographers showed up at the house for some "candid" shots. They came in with their professional cameras with huge flashes and all the fancy gadgets. I also had my camera out (my new Canon Rebel) taking pictures and it was feeling quite inferior, even though it is bigger and better than a lot of cameras out there, it is still a baby comparatively speaking. One of the photographers even commented, "Oh, that's a nice little camera." My poor camera was no longer the best in the room.
It is a great camera, but operator error is causing some funky shots and shadows. I feel like I am learning a new musical instrument. I know I am my own worst critic, but I want to get it right.
So, Emma and I will keep praciticing.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am jealous of your Cannon Rebel....someday.....
I love the pic of Emma laying down and laughing!!

Jenni said...

Go easy on yourself, you're an amazing photographer! You, and your "little" camera. heehee

Sherri said...

I'm glad you are finding a positive outlet for your perfectionistic tendencies. And we can all enjoy all these beautiful practice shots. I'm bringing my flash drive and hopefully I can copy some of these beauties

Jessi Reber said...

My Rebel XTi is on backorder, and I had to give up my current camera to Drew today who left for overseas...so I'm cameraless... ahhh! But I hope you get the kinks worked out, and can show me what you've learned when I finally do receive my camera.

Dan & Hillary and little Russell said...

To quote Oprah- "Every woman needs a wind fan and two bright lights!" Maybe next time, eh??