Thursday, July 17, 2008

Boys

I've been able to spend some time with my nephews, Josh and Jake the last 2 days. Their mom is very sick and doesn't need all that boy energy running her raged right now. Actually, she isn't supposed to be running or lifting or standing -- just resting.

We have a good time with the boys. Emma simply adores them. She loves Josh's enthusiasm and she loves to take care of Jake (2). Each time she sees him she asks, "Are you in a good mood?" His mood is very important to her.

Yesterday we played in the pool at Aunt Janice's. I took some pictures of the kids having way too much fun. 

Josh told me some very profound things yesterday:

"You should come to my house and see my brother, Josiah. He is a real baby. He is not in my mommy's tummy anymore and he is not like an eagle at all. He doesn't have wings and he can't fly."

AND

"Cows don't have fangs, just teeth."

Jake seems to think I am pretty cool. I really need people in my life who think I am cool because it doesn't happen very often. Jake is a sweet-heart and kept running back and forth to the pool trying to get his hair wet to show me. Good job!

Who can beat to bring me a raspberry first? This is the life. I sat in one place working on my tan while I sent them on repeated missions to get me raspberries. Josh's were not ripe, Jake's were smushed, but ripe, and Emma (she's lagging behind in the foot race) kept returning saying, "I ate it. I'll get you a different one."

This is a picture I hope to see in a wedding slideshow someday.  

Cousins are the best!

4 comments:

Grandma Sherri said...

So Cute!! Glad they let you rest and brought raspberry refreshment and humor

Sara said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish Abby had cousins her age that lived close by. I was always jealous of all my cousins living in Oregon, and now I'm jealous for my daughter's sake! That last picture is classic - love it! Glad you were able to give Kelly a break.

Cathy said...

Sounds like you have it made!Yup, that last one definitely has to go in a future slideshow! (It'll be here before you know it!)

Peters Family Farms said...

I cannot thank you enough for watching the boys; very sweet pictures! I wonder at what age they figure out mom's "fun race game" is not what we make it out to be :)

P.S. You are wonder woman with your super powers of VBSing mornings and caring for 4 small children all afternoon! Now it's your turn to take a nap!