Friday, May 25, 2012

10 Things I Know For Sure

1. I never want to see my toddler son naked, hanging off the top of the kitchen cabinet eating 3 year old marshmallows again.




2. The newness has not worn off and we are all still smitten with our little boy addition. Mandy especially gushes over him in a high-pitched baby voice, insisting it is the only language he can understand.

Yes, Mandy carries him around the house. Yes, it looks terrifying.



3. Homeschooling a grade-schooler, potty training a toddler, and nursing a newborn in the same breath is the hardest challenge I've faced as a mother.




4. I'm super bad at asking for help. But I'm working on it and am feeling very humbled when people eagerly bless me with kindness.




5.

there are no shortcuts





6. My belly will never look like this girl's:


DONALD DRIVER, PETA MURGATROYD
Thank you Dancing With The Stars for making me long for stomach muscles I never had and will never have.





7. Maternity pants and all their elastic lusciousness work well post-pregnancy too.



8. I miss cheese.







9. Brothers rock.






10. Reading Scripture, especially in the middle of the night, is balm to my soul.

"But you, Lord, are a shield around me, 


 my glory, the One who lifts my head high.


 I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain. 


I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." Ps 3:3-5




Photobucket




2 comments:

Dan & Hillary said...

If you lived here, we could go to a boot camp together and discover our abs! Now I know why more women enjoy their 40's vs. their 20's and 30's!!!

The Ugly Homemaker said...

Who needs abs like that any way? Six packs are for chumps. Strong infant car seat lugging around arms are where it's at! Don't even get me started on legs that are finely conditioned by lifting kids up in the air to do the airplane fly. That blonde has nothing on us!